VISION & AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
St John and St James Church of England Primary School is an expanding one form entry primary school, voluntary aided, Religious Foundation of over 155 years standing. We value greatly the school’s unique Christian identity and character and its historic and contemporary contribution to the parish and local community. The school lies at the southern tip of the London Borough of Enfield and borders the London Borough of Haringey.
The overall majority of pupils entitled to (and claiming for) free school meals is well above the borough and national average.
The school holds the following awards: Investors in People 2011, Leading Parent Partnership Award 2006, Healthy Schools 2011, Achievement Awards in 2003, International School Award 2012 and other significant sporting participation awards.
The school has links with two churches – St John the Evangelist, Dyson’s Road, Edmonton and St John the Baptist and St James, Tottenham. The school is situated in the Enfield Deanery.
The education provided is based on Christian principles with the majority of pupils from practicing Christian families and homes.
- Provide an education of the highest standard for all pupils regardless of ability, special needs, physical disability, gender, culture or ethnic origin;
- Create a positive learning environment that enables all pupils to realise their full potential in all areas of the curriculum and to ensure that all pupils have equal opportunities to succeed;
- Provide a secure, happy and caring environment in which all pupils feel valued and are safe from the effects and threat of bullying, racial abuse and discrimination;
- Encourage in our pupils respect for others, good manners, pride in work and a sense of social responsibility for the whole community;
- Teach our pupils the value of teamwork and the social skills that will enable them to work effectively and co-operatively with others in all areas of life;
- Develop a clear sense of right and wrong in all pupils, firmly based on Christian principles;
- Teach our pupils to value and respect everyone equally and to celebrate the cultural diversity of our community
- Encourage the pupils of St John and St James to become wise trustees of the earth’s resources and environment and to mature into responsible, courageous and proactive members of the community;
- Provide our pupils with a firm education in the Christian faith.
“The school promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development well. Pupils cooperate harmoniously with one another in lessons and around the school and have good attitudes to their learning.” Ofsted, Feb 2013