Assistant Site Manager.
Full job description and person specification on request.
Part Time: 20 hours per week
St John & St James CE is a two form entry primary school with two part time nursery classes in a new and modern building situated in the south-east corner of the London borough of Enfield.
We are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic and motivated staff to join our premise team.
Applicants must support the aims and ethos of a Church of England school. Visits to the school are welcome. For further information and an application pack please contact our school office on the number above.
WANTED – NEW GOVERNORS
What are we looking for?
Our school Governing Body is made up of Governors from all walks of life and many come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves.
We want you – We are currently looking for new Parent Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
- An interest in the performance of the school
- A desire to contribute to and represent the community
- An open and enquiring mind
- The ability to look at issues objectively
- The confidence to ask questions and join in debate
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgements
- The ability to work well with others
- Time to spare
- A child or children currently attending the School
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Governor at St John and St James C of E Primary School
Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests as possible.
What can we offer?
- A chance to develop skills in strategic management
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our School
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
- Supporting and challenging the performance of the Headteacher
- Deciding policy and future development plans
As well as attending meetings governors are also asked to look at specific areas of the school’s work in more detail.
To help support governors, everyone has access to further training to help build on existing skills or to develop new ones.
If you are interested, please complete the attached form with a brief description about yourself and why you would like to join the governing body, and return this to Carmel Fox, Chair of the Governing Body at email email@example.com
Depending on the number of applications there may be an election process, which will be advised in due course.